Monday, August 8, 2011

Lea Stein

While reading the August edition of Homes and Antiques 'The Vintage Issue' I came across the work of Lea Stein. I instantly loved it! Here are some facts on the talented jeweler and artist...

Lea Stein was born in 1931 in Paris and trained as an artist.
She initially worked for Coco Chanel before establishing her own textile design company in Paris.
Textiles soon gave way to buttons.
Her first range of costume jewellery was launched in the late 1960s.

I love her colourful character driven brooches. Eye-catching with a 3D quality to them, I intend to get my hands on at least one of her pieces!

I currently have a little broach from the NW3 range at Hobbs. You can definitely tell where there influences have come from...

Here are some of my favourites of Lea Stein's broach collection:






No comments:

Post a Comment