Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Proper China girl now

Today we had to take a trip to the immigration tower to pick up my dependency visa and also my HK ID card! I am very happy about this. People in England are objecting to having such a thing, but over here it seems to make so much sense. My two thumbprints are now stored inside a chip along with other bits of basic information on me. My full name, photograph, D.O.B and personal ID number can be found on here too. I guess "the people" are now aware of exactly where I am when I use this to travel, but to me, this smart card will make my life so much easier in HK. Being taken seriously, listened to and recognized as a HK citizen has been a struggle since my move here, I am hoping this little card will do me proud and not make me eat my words...

No comments:

Post a Comment