Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Food

I realized I write about food quite a lot on here...I do love food. I think it's great, it's also very easy to take photos of. Since living here, I have noticed that dining out is something of the norm. More people eat out than stay in and cook at home, this is due to lack of space and cost of food. Also, dining with friends and family is very much a social event. However, this week we made a pact to cook every night. I love cooking too. We have no oven so have to be inventive with the dishes we can prepare. Stews, bolognaise, stir-frys, soups, chilly and curry are generally on the menu. Working at the soup-kitchen has definitely helped me out.

GS took me for late night supper; Simply Thai was simply delicious. We arrived just as they were closing so had to order quick sharp, including dessert. I wasn't too bothered about anything sweet, so we ordered something to share. THANK GOODNESS WE DID. This has been my favorite meal I think, since we arrived! I have never seen such large tiger king prawns...


Our dessert was a crazy combination of passionfruit, purple sticky rice and coconut, accompanied by a fresh Lycee, ginger & white wine refreshment. Thanks GS xx

No comments:

Post a Comment