Wednesday, July 13, 2011

love for Little Dragon




I have Nick Grimshaw to thank once again for introducing my ears to some more good music! Having his music show to accompany me on my drives home from work 10:30-11:30 definitely makes the journey more fun, even enjoyable! Closing my ears off to everything else and listening to endless new music is becoming my haven...

There seems to be lots of good music coming out of Sweden, but this band "Little Dragon" from Gothenburg have totally grabbed me! They have a new album coming out this July, but have two others previous to this. I am currently in the middle of listening to their 2009 album Machine Dreams.

Consisting of Swedish-Japanese singer, Yukimi Nagano (vocals, percussion) and her close high-school friends Erik Bodin (drums), Fredrik Källgren Wallin (bass), and Håkan Wirenstrand (keyboards) the electronic music band are also featured on Gorillaz Plastic Beach album, track "Empire Ants".

When doing my research about Little Dragon, I came across this track Runabout filmed in Hong Kong! I recognized so many places I just had to put it on here.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment