Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

As January the 1st approached, I started to think about what this new year would bring. On NYE I received the news that my childhood best friend was expecting her first baby in April 2011, and this thrilled me to bits! 2011 is not only a new year, but also the start of a whole new decade. When I think back to being young, 2011 would have sounded so futuristic to me, I would have imagined car doors that lift up and open, everyone wearing silver clothes with funny hairstyles and even the possibility of skies filled with cars and people flying around! A lot like life was in The Jetsons...

I am excited to see what this new decade will bring, how life will move on and what changes will occur. I have great hopes for this year too, focusing on a new business venture, traveling and exploring new places, finding a new house and making a home.
I am lucky to have the family and friends I have, and I think one of my main new years resolutions is to always remember just how lucky I am, to not take things for granted. Also, to realize that over the next ten years I will not be able to eat the amount I eat without it pilling on my hips! In other words, getting healthier will be a priority!

Goodbye 2010 and welcome 2011

x


No comments:

Post a Comment