Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pearl. S Buck


My new read:

The Good Earth
Pearl S. Buck

In 1938, she became the first American woman to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature, "for her rich and truly epic descriptions of peasant life in China and for her biographical masterpieces."


I finished this book in two days. I think it is the best book I have ever read. I recommend this author to all. I am now on the hunt for the other books from the trilogy; The House of Earth which include Sons and A House Divided. The complexities of Pearl S. Buck's characters are fascinatingly hidden, how they each furtively evolve throughout this novel made this a special read for me.

If you are currently looking for a new book to read, I suggest this, The Good Earth!











Pearl Sydenstricker Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment