Wednesday, February 10, 2010

People of Hong Kong: Take 1

Since my move here I've wanted to take photographs that try to really capture the people of Hong Kong, however, I wasn't sure the best way to go about this. After seeking some professional advice, I tried secret snapping, I realized this will take practice as the framing of my shots just isn't working out.
Yesterday as we were scouring a flea market I finally plucked up the courage to ask people outright if they would let me take a photo of them. To my delight my first three subjects loved the camera, some were thrilled to pose and some were happy to...

In return for the photographs we bought a small piece of jade from the laughing lady and a Qin Qin guitar (which we are going to make little songs with) from our talented music man. As he played his wife manned the shop (above).

No comments:

Post a Comment